Mushrooms and Alcohol
Welcome to randomFAQ! Our Random Fact generator will add another random fact or frequently asked question from our massive database every day. Using the HTML code provided on the right side of each page, you can display a specific or random FAQ, or the latest fact of the day, on your website, blog, or MySpace profile. Just choose which fact to display, and any color to match your site. Please enjoy the unlimited use of this free service!
Fact of the Day
Commonly cooked into sauces and soups, the Inky Cap Mushroom is only harmful when alcohol is involved. Alcohol reacts with the toxin in the mushrooms causing nausea, skin outbreaks, and disorientation. It is not only the immediate mixing of the two that can cause problems and discomfort. It is possible to get sick after drinking alcohol a week after eating Inky Caps. As if this isn't enough, one can fall ill at the smell of something potent like rubbing alcohol and certain perfumes [source]. A sort of alcohol poising, the toxin makes the human body unable to properly absorb and tolerate alcohol [source].
These mushrooms grow wild in North America.
View All Facts